23 questions with worked answers for a NSW yr 10 (stage 5) level student doing algebra in 2018. This is best used as a revision sheet to work out the areas a student may be struggling in.
This worksheet covers the following NSW syllabus dot points:
5.2 Algebraic Techniques:
- Apply the four operations to simple algebraic fractions with numerical denominators: simplify expressions that involve algebraic fractions with numerical denominators.
- Apply the four operations to algebraic fractions with pronumerals in the denominator: simplify algebraic fractions.
- Apply the distributive law to the expansion of algebraic expressions, including binomials, and collect like terms where appropriate.
- Factorise algebraic expressions by taking out a common algebraic factor.
- Factorise monic quadratic trinomial expressions.
- Solve linear equations, including equations that involve grouping symbols.
- Solve linear equations involving one or more simple algebraic fractions.
- Translate word problems into equations, solve the equations and interpret the solutions.